İzleyiciler

17 Mayıs 2015 Pazar

29 Great Love/Missing You Songs


As many of you fine readers may know, I am currently dislocated from the woman I love, and the children we created together.  And to put it frankly….it sucks.  Throughout our almost ten years of marriage, I have had to run off all over the world for stints of time ranging from two weeks to six months.  But this time is a doozy.  If you have read the Travelogue section, you will know that I am in South Korea for the remainder of 2013.  An entire year away (although there will be a couple of reunions in the near future).  And dammit do I miss her, and she the same.
Technology these days makes it far more easier to stay in contact than ever.  When I left on my first trip to the desert way back in 2006, I was allotted a daily phone call and a couple of minutes on Myspace (Remember that thing?) on a public computer.  Now whether you are in Afghanistan or South Korea, there are things like Skype and Magic Jack, as well as WiFi fucking everywhere!  So, it is not so bad.  But still, it sucks.  We miss each other dearly, even though we see each other almost every day in a digital manner.  There are two other things you need to know about myself and my beautiful wife though:
1.  We love music!  And for the most part, we agree on almost every genre of music.  Or she at least deals with my choosing all the music, and then complaining about some of her choices.  What can I say, I’m a critic.  Critics are assholes.  But really we do both love a grand selection of modern indie rock, and 90’s alternative that makes up probably 75 percent of our catalog.  We differ when it comes to what is “real classic rock”, but that is an entire argument in itself.  Also our general music choices don’t match our moods.  I dig happy go lucky folk songs by the likes of Golden Bloom, and she is into some dark twisted shit like Civil Twlight.  Pretty weird.

2.  We are corny as fuck.  Sometimes, that is.
We are so corny in fact, we have made it a regular thing to research pretty little love songs to post on each other’s Facebook pages, and then Melissa makes them into a mix tape and sends them to me in care packages alongside Tim’s Cascade chips and pajama pants.  Yes, I know, it is corny.  But I will be damned if I didn’t say how great it is to see these videos on my Facebook page, and how much I enjoy looking up something for her.  It is just another way we manage to kill this disgusting thing called time that we must spend apart.  Some of them are obvious.  Especially the 80’s Monster Ballads.  But, how can you not love those, right?  You’d have to be a soulless bastard to not feel moved by “More Than Words”.  But, we manage to pick out some pretty good stuff.  And just like anything that is personal between Melissa and me, I want to share it to the world for my own exploitation!  And by no coincidence at all, today is my lovely wife Melissa Trembath’s Birthday!!  Now, I know she wouldn’t want me to throw out her age for the world to know, so I won’t do that.  But, I will say………..
Here are 29 Great “Love/Missing You” Songs you absolutely must hear!!  (I love you baby!)
***Disclaimer:  This is obviously not a definitive list.  And there is no real order.  Just like what you see, folks.***
(6/22/13) Additional note:  A brand new list of 29 (More Great Love?Missing You Songs is up and available now,HERE.
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Into My Arms
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds – Into My Arms
29. Dispatch - If You Call My Name Out Loud
Dispatch – If You Call My Name Out Loud
28. Fun. - The Gambler
Fun. – The Gambler
26. Stevie Nicks & Don Henley - Leather & Lace
Stevie Nicks & Don Henley – Leather & Lace
25. Buddy Holly - True Love Ways
Buddy Holly – True Love Ways
24. Sophie Madeline - You Make Me Happy
Sophie Madeline – You Make Me Happy
23. The Moldy Peaches - Anyone Else But You
The Moldy Peaches – Anyone Else But You
22. Matthew Sweat & Susanna Hoffs - Sweet Melissa
Matthew Sweat & Susannah Hoffs – Sweet Melissa
21. Better Than Ezra - Desperately Wanting
Better Than Ezra – Desperately Wanting
20. Belle & Sebastian - Didn't See It Coming
Belle & Sebastian – I Didn’t See It Coming
19. Extreme - More Than Words
Extreme – More Than Words
18. Gin Blossoms - Hey Jealousy
Gin Blossoms – Hey Jealousy
17. Counting Crows - Colorblind
Counting Crows – Colorblind
16. David Bowie - Lets Dance
David Bowie – Let’s Dance
15. Boyz II Men - I'll Make Love 2 U
Boyz II Men – I’ll Make Love 2 U
14. The Weepies - I Gotta Have You
The Weepies – I Gotta Have You
13. Peter Bjorn & John - Far Away, By My Side
Peter, Bjorn, and John – Far Away, By My Side
12. Neutral Uke Hotel - King of Carrot Flowers
Neutral Uke Hotel – King of Carrot Flowers
10. Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros - Home
Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros – Home
9. Neil Nathan
Neil Nathan – Do Ya
8. Meat Loaf - I'd Lie For You (And That's The Truth)
Meat Loaf – I’d Lie For You (And That’s the Truth)
7. Mark Geary - You're The Only Girl
Mark Geary – You’re the Only Girl
6. The Lumineers - Flowers In Your Hair
The Lumineers – Flowers In Your Hair
5. Loretta Lynn & Jack White - Portland Oregon
Loretta Lynn & Jack White – Portland, Oregon
4. Led Zeppelin - Whole Lotta Love
Led Zeppelin – Whole Lotta Love
3. Justin Nozuka - Be Back Soon
Justin Nozuka – Be Back Soon
2. John C. Reilly & Jenna Fischer - Let's Duet
John C. Reilly & Jenna Fischer – Let’s Duet
1. Hootie & The Blowfish - Hold My Hand
Hootie & The Blowfish – Hold My Hand
That will do it folks.  Now obviously, there are so many other great tracks to choose from, and we might even do a sequel to this someday.  Melissa and I have shared several more videos already.  We shall see how it goes and maybe we return with another addition.  Get your YouTubing on folks!!


♪ Music ( Müzik ) - Yabancı Şarkı Sözü Çevirileri Turkish Versions Of Lyrics,türkçe şarkı -- Tabb - Akor - Nota gitar, piyano, keman

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder

Music( Müzik Yabancı Şarkı Sözü Çevirileri Turkish Versions Of Lyrics,Tabb,Akor,Nota,gitar,piyano,keman